Once a conference call is setup users would then be invited to join the conference call. The call would then be started once enough participants have indicated they are available to join the conference call but in certain crisis situations the conference call may need to start instantly before users have confirmed their availability. In these situations a the conference call can be 'forced started' which will start the conference call and dial the participants primary mobile, even if the participants has not yet responded to the conference call invite.
Here is how a conference call be force started.
- Go to Communications > Conferences.
- Find the conference call you want to force start.
- Click 'view' button for the conference you wish to force start.
- On the Conference Summary page under the Actions section press the 'Start Conference' button.
- On the Start Conference pop up select the 'Force Start' button.
- The conference call will be started and all participants primary mobile numbers will be dialled.