Before a system admin can assign a Sentinel user to an Alertline the Sentinel user needs to be given the Alertline permission.
Here are the steps needed to be taken to give a user Alertline access.
- Log into Sentinel system
- Go to Admin > Users
- Find the user who you wish give Alertline access to.
- Select the ‘View’ button for the user.
- Then select the ‘Permissions’ tab
- Set ‘Alertline access ’ permission to 'YES'
- Press the ‘Save changes button’
The user will not be able to view/manage an Alertline until a system admin has assigned them to one.
How to assign a Sentinel user to an Alertline
Once a user has been given Alertline access, a system admin then needs to assign the Sentinel user to an Alertline before the user can view/manage the Alertline.
Here are the steps that need to be taken to assign a user to an Alertline.
- Go to 'Communications' > 'Alertline' or press the Alertline icon on the Sentinel homepage.
- Press the ‘Manage’ button for the Alertline you wish to assign a user to.
- Then select the button labelled ‘Assign Manager’ in the ‘Actions’ section.
- Assign Manager modal view will be displayed.
- Find the user within Assign Manager table and press the ‘+ Assign’ button.
- User will then be assigned to Alertline and will be able to view/manage it.
Assigning a Sentinel user to an Alertline will allow them to carry out the following actions.
- Send Message
- SMS Reply
- Purge Schedule
- Delete Subscribers
- Unsubscribe individual subscribers
The Sentinel user will be able to view all information related to that particular Alertline.
Sentinel users can be assigned to one or more Alertlines.
If you are using the multi-tenant system please see this help article on how to invite a user to an Alertline.