If a user cannot log into a Sentinel product for any reason they can request a password reset to be emailed to them. This can be done from the login page by entering a valid email address. Providing the email exists within the system then the user will be able to update their password and login.
Users can reset their own password by any one of the following options.
- Navigate to your organisations Sentinel app
- Open app and on the login page press the 'Forgotten Password' button.
- Navigate to your organisations Sentinel system via a web browser, press the 'Forgotten Password' button.
- The forgotten password url can be directly emailed to the end user by a system admin.
Using any of the above options will trigger a forgotten email password to be sent to the user.
Can system admins reset passwords
System Admins can reset passwords by following the below steps.
- Go to Admin > Users.
- Find the user in the user table and press the view button.
- Select tab 'Security'.
- Change the users password.
- Save changes.
Bulk set/changing users password
If multiple users require their passwords to be updated i.e. during the on boarding process, then a admin with the adequate system permissions can create and send a broadcast to users, which includes the forgotten password url.