Before creating a broadcast, first ensure that you have created at least 1 communication group with the group type 'Broadcast' enabled. Also you will need to assign either users or contacts or both to the communication group. Here are where guides can be found on how to create a communication group and how to assign users/contacts to groups.
How to create a broadcast
- Go to Communications > Broadcasts. This will take you to the broadcast page. This is where you can view any recent broadcasts and choose which ones you want to monitor, archive, delete etc.
- Press '+ Broadcast' and you will be taken to the Create Broadcast section.
- Populate the fields within the form. All form fields are required in order to add a broadcast to the system. Below are brief descriptions of each one.
- Title - Enter a short and to the point title, no more than 100 characters.
- Broadcast methods - Choose the most appropriate broadcast method. At least 1 must be selected. If you are unsure which one to select please see this help article which describes what each broadcast method does.
- Broadcast Message - For each broadcast method selected there will be a message box. Enter the message you wish to broadcast for each broadcast method.
- In App Notification Sound - If 'silent alert' is selected no sound is trigger on the users device when the broadcast is received, but for both 'standard alert' and 'critical alert' options these will trigger an alert sound on the users device when the broadcast is received. This section will only appear if the in-app broadcast method has been selected.
- Groups - Choose at least 1 group to broadcast to. People belonging to multiple groups will not receive multiple broadcasts.
- Response - If the broadcast requires a response, then choose yes and enter a suitable question to ask the recipients.
- Press the 'Create Broadcast' button to save the broadcast. You will then be taking to the 'Broadcast Confirmation' section. Check the the broadcast, once happy with the broadcast press the 'Confirm & Send' button and Sentinel will start delivering the broadcast to all selected channels.