Members of Chat Channels can upload files to the channel. Once a file has been uploaded to a channel, neither chat members or chat admin members can delete it. Only a Sentinel system admin can delete the file.
Once a file is deleted the file is removed from the channel and chat members will not be able to view or download the file.
Here the steps that need to be take to delete a file from a Chat Channel.
- Create or view a Chat Channel, you will be taken to the Channel Summary page.
- Scroll down to the Channel table (were all members of the channel appear).
- Press the 'Channel History' tab.
- Sentinel will display the history for the channel. Any files uploaded to the channel will have delete file button next to it.
- Find the file you wish to delete and press the 'Delete File' button.