Hotline is an automated phone line to answer calls, provide information updates, collect and manage inbound voicemails.
Here are the steps you need to follow to create a Hotline.
- Go to 'Communications' > 'Hotline'
- Hotline system is loaded in a new tab.
- Select the '+ Hotline' button in the top right hand corner.
- Create Hotline form will be displayed, the following information is required.
- Hotline Name: is the internal name for the hotline.
- Friendly Name: is the public name and will be spoken when the Hotline is called.
- Hotline Visibility: Select either Private or Public. Private requires a PIN to be generated and only persons with the correct PIN can listen to the hotline. Public allows anyone with the Hotline number to listen to the spoken message.
- Hotline Country: Select the country you wish to base the Hotline in, if the country does not appear please speak with your account manager.
- Number Type: only 'local' can be selected once a 'Hotline Country' has been selected.
- Press the 'Create' button.